Privacy Statement and Consent
I adhere to the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), a federal privacy law.
1. Accountability – My company is responsible for the personal information I receive from my clients and I will abide by the principles of PIPEDA in safeguarding that information in hard copy and computer documents. My employees also understand and abide by these rules.
2. Collection Purposes, Limitations on Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention – Any and all personal, corporate, financial and related information is collected and kept solely for the purpose of providing advice and to ensure that any products or services you purchase through me are provided quickly and correctly. In order to obtain products for you, I am required to share your personal information with insurers through intermediary brokerage firms. I only collect and keep information that helps me formulate advice including personal, financial and health information.
3. Consent – The nature of my work means I and my staff must collect and retain a lot of personal information about my clients including health data, financial data and identity verification data. I use this information to understand your financial needs and to identify possible solutions to problems you might have.
4. Information Accuracy – I rely on receiving accurate information in order to make appropriate recommendations. You may review the personal information I retain about you upon request. I may also update the information regularly in an effort to ensure I am making recommendations about your situation based on the correct information.
5. Safeguards – All the written information I receive from you is either in secure filing cabinets or in password protected computer files. Any computer files stored off site are encrypted or locked. Old files that are discarded are shredded or otherwise completely destroyed. My staff understands the sensitivity of this information and the importance of protecting it.